- Video Games
- About Us
Marvel Studio has announced that Captain America: Civil War will be released on Digital HD, Digital 3D and Disney Movies Anywhere on September 2 and on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD and On-Demand on September 13.
The release will feature over 60 minutes of exclusive bonus content, including behind-the-scenes features, deleted scenes and outtakes, and a sneak peek at the upcoming Doctor Strange, which is set to open on November 4.
Here’s the full list of bonus features:
– United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 & Part 2 – As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the superhero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.
– Captain America: The Road to Civil War – Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
– Iron Man: The Road to Civil War – From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
– Gag Reel – Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.
– Deleted & Extended Scenes – Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of Captain America: Civil War.
– Audio Commentary – Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
– Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange – Exclusive Sneak Peek – Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.
Captain America: Civil War sees the Avengers clash over a controversial initiative known as the Sokovia Accords that aims to introduce more oversight of superpowered individuals in the wake of a tragedy. Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) leads the charge for signing the Accords and complying with the governments of the world, while Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) feels the Avengers should remain independent. As the rift between them worsens, friends and allies are forced to choose sides – all while, a dangerous new enemy threatens to destroy everything the Avengers have ever hoped to achieve.
Captain America: Civil War is currently the highest grossing release of 2016, both domestically and worldwide, and is also one of the most critically acclaimed movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Directors Joe and Anthony Russo, and screenwriters Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely will return for the two part Avengers sequel, still tentatively titled Infinity War.