- Video Games
- About Us
Nintendo’s latest Nintendo Direct redesigned the layout, with quick, one-minute headlines of game announcements with two beefier portions detailing Arms and Splatoon 2 some more. While the format felt super rushed, we still got a ton of new info and new game announcements. The most surprising part is that Nintendo has a crazy busy summer ahead, a time where releases are normally very sparse.
Here’s the 3DS half of the Direct followed by the headlines.
– Sidescroller announced last year
– Throw Pikmin with touch screen to solve puzzles and take out enemies
– Releases July 28
– A new Pikmin amiibo releases same day with the red, yellow, blue, pink and rock Pikmin
– Several new announcements relating to Kirby
– Team Kirby Clash Deluxe: a chunk from Kirby Planet Robobot. four Kirby characters with different powers (Sword Hero, Hammer Lord, Beam Mage or Doctor Healmore) battle giant enemies together. Free-to-start. Launches today.
– Kirby’s Blowout Blast: 3D Kirby platformer with grid-like movement. inhaling enemies and powering up along the way. 3DS eShop only. Releases this summer.
– A new unnamed game. “Multiplayer action game.” Releases for Nintendo 3DS this holiday.
– Turn-based JRPG starring Miis
– Characters attack automatically and relationships determine how, if and who to attack
– Pretty funny
– Action-adventure RPG from Koichi Ishii, the creator of the Mana series and developed by Grezzo (Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora’s Mask 3D)
– Releases June 23
– Releases May 19th
– Remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden
– Free and paid DLC inbound that contains new maps, dungeons and challenges
– Season Pass also inbound
– The third entry in the BOXBOY! series
– Qbby gets four powers: Boxrocket, Bombox, Warpbox and Remotebox
– Kirby amiibo unlock Kirby skins
– JRPG spinoff of the Monster Hunter games
– Very story based, user friendly
– Releases this fall
– Third version of Yo-Kai Watch 2
– Same game as Bony Spitits annd Fleshy Sould, but has new Yo-kai and missions, much like a third version of a Pokemon game
– Releases this fall
– Published by Nintendo in Japan, localized by NIS America
– Card-meets-board game
– Releases Aug. 29
– Make your own RPG and share them online
– Players who don’t have the game can still play them with the free RPG Maker Player app
– Western version has Disgaea skins
– Releases June 27
– (Finally) releasing Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin
– Two versions of each character: Cloud and Advent Children Cloud, male and female Corrin, Bayonetta 1 and 2 Bayonetta
– All six out on July 21
-Three new Link amiibo: Majora’s Mask, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword
– Releases on June 23
And here’s the Nintendo Switch half of the Direct follwed by the headlines and the two focus titles: Arms and Splatoon 2:
– Neon Yellow Joy-Con controllers and Joy-Con Straps announced
– A Joy-Con AA Battery Pack accessory announced. Adds bulk to the Joycon while allowing users to place 2 AA batteries to extend the battery life.
– Nintendo Switch standalone dock releases May 19. Contains dock, HDMI and AC adapter
– Launches on April 28
– Nintendo will be hosting two Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online tournaments in-game: one race and one battle
– Releases on May 26
– Two new fighters: Evil Ryu and Violent Ken
-Way of the Hado mode: Throw HADOKENS with first-person motion controls
– Two-player co-op mode: Two players get one health bar in 2 vs. 1 CPU matches
– Super Mario Mash-Up pack along with new multiplayer and control options
– Releases on Nintendo eShop on May 11, and retail at a later date
– Sonic, Classic Sonic and a new ally are playable
– Modern Sonic plays like Colors and Classic is like the Genesis games
– Releases holiday
– Releases this summer
– Features Sonic 3-esque 2D graphics with new and classic stages
– Releases on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch this summer
– Flip panels and blow up opponents
– Definitive version of the PS4 game Disgaea 5
– Releases May 23
– Demo out soon
– Some available now and some coming soon
– Samurai Showdown IV releases tomorrow
– Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters ’99 coming soon as well
– Releasing April 25
– Demo releases tomorrow
– Up to six player online and offline multiplayer
– HD Rumble make realistic dice rolls
– Handheld mode lays system down like the real board game
– Launches this fall.
– Releases later this year
– Exclusive solo Kung Foot mode and tournaments for up to eight players
– Grasshopper Manufacture shmup
– Releases this summer
– RPG inspired by console classics and based on the Battle Chasers comic book series
– Timed exclusive release on Nintendo Switch in late summer.
– Four-player co-op game about robbing banks is getting ported to Switch
– Releases this winter
– Pac-man, Galaga, Splatterhouse, Rolling Thunder, Skykid and Tank Force
– Suspend saves
– Special challenge modes added
– Launches on eShop this summer.
– Released on PS4, Vita and PC earlier this year, getting ported to Switch
– Hack and slash gameplay starring characters from multiple Fate universes
– The Switch version will come loaded with 35 previously released paid DLC costumes, along with an exclusive new Unshackled Bride outfit
– Releases July 25.
– Can equip two types of customizable arms per fighter with elemental attributes
– Earn in-game currency that can be used to play a gacha that can get new arms
– 1-v-1 matches or 2-v-2
– Fast, ramen-armed Min Min character announced
– Releases June 16.
– Splatoon 2: Salmon Run announced, which is a four-player co-op horde mode. Fight the new Salmonid species.
– Releases July 21
– A third wave of Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy and Inkling Squid amiibo releasing July 21 too. Can save your weapon and clothing loadout on them to play on other systems.