If zombies could feel emotion they would certainly be feeling joy right now, because Steam is selling zombie games through the roof thanks to a sale on Killing Floor and the popularity of Dead Rising 2 and Left 4 Dead 2. While Steam is selling zombies en mass, Direct2Drive's audience can't get enough of Civilization and Fallout, and Impulse gets a sale on Stardock Entertainment games.
Steam Top 10
1) Sid Meier's Civilization V - $49.99
2) Medal of Honor: Limited Edition - $59.99
3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $40.19 [-33%]
4) Left 4 Dead 2 - $19.99
5) Dead Rising 2 - $39.99
6) Killing Floor Bundle - $12.98 [-50%]
7) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack - $7.49 [-50%]
8) Fallout: New Vegas - $49.99
9) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package - $7.49 [-50%]
10) Killing Floor - $9.99 [-50%]
Direct2Drive Top 10
1) Sid Meier's Civilization V - $49.95
2) Medal of Honor: Limited Edition - $59.95
3) Sid Meier's Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition - $59.95
4) NBA 2K11 - $29.95
5) Fallout: New Vegas - $49.95
6) Dead Rising 2 - $39.95
7) DC Universe Online - $49.95
8) Fallout: New Vegas Digital Collector's Edition - $59.95
9) The Sims 3 - $39.95
10) Darksiders - $39.95
Impulse Top 10
1) Elemental: War of Magic - $49.95
2) Demigod - $5.99 [-70%]
3) Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $39.95
4) Age of Wonders Trilogy w/ Soundtrack - $19.99
5) GalCiv II Ultimate Edition - $39.95
6) Galactic Civilizations II - $8.95 [-55%]
7) Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy - $9.99
8) The Settler's 7 Path to a Kingdom Gold - $59.99
9) Evochron Mercenary - $29.99
10) Cities XL - $9.99 [-50%]
On Steam, there was a sale for everything on Killing Floor, and everything Modern Warfare 2, so the deals for those boosted the sales take half of the Steam list. Civilization V is still on top of course, and Medal of Honor is right around the corner so there's some pre-release buzz there. Left 4 Dead 2 came up higher on the list thanks to the great new free for PC DLC The Sacrifice.
Direct2Drive is selling Medal of Honor on the number 2 spot as well, but Civilization V is still selling the Deluxe version as well on Direct2Drive. The same goes for Fallout: New Vegas, and the now available for pre-order DC Universe Online. The game is still slated for release in Q1 2011, so besides the initial pre-order sales, there won't be major profits until release. The Direct2Drive crowd is growing an affection for The Sims 3 and Darksiders, with The Sims 3 always being on the list and Darksiders being the same since release. Darksiders may not hold, but The Sims 3 will.
Impulse Driven is buying all things made by Stardock Entertainment with six of their games being on the top 10 list, and ALL of those games being in the top 7 of that list. The extra Stardock sale were nudged forward by a deal for Demigod and a discount on Galactic Civilizations II, the normal version. Otherwise, Impulse Driven remains the same with lots of strategy games being sold and every other genre being ignored within a week of release.
I am the Co-Founder and CTO of Entertainment Fuse. Thank you for viewing my profile. If you have any questions, comments or if you found any bugs with the website, contact me anytime. I love chatting with our community!