This week on the digital downloads front, Civilization V loses it's lead, Tales of Monkey Island gets a great discount, Borderlands Game of the Year Edition comes out, and Medal of Honor sells well.
Steam Top 10
1) Fallout: New Vegas - $49.99
2) Medal of Honor - $59.99
3) Sid Meier's Civilization V - $49.99
4) Cities XL 2011 - $39.99
5) ArcaniA: Gothic 4 - $49.99
6) Left 4 Dead 2 - $19.99
7) Lost Planet 2 - $39.99
8) Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack - $4.99 [-86%]
9) Borderlands: Game of the Year - $49.99
10) Dead Rising 2 - $39.99
Direct2Drive Top 10
1) Sid Meier's Civilization V - $49.95
2) Medal of Honor - $59.95
3) ArcaniA: Gothic 4 - $49.95
4) Fallout New Vegas Digital Collector's Edition - $54.95
5) Fallout New Vegas - $49.95
6) Sid Meier's Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition - $59.95
7) Dragon Age II: Bioware Signature Edition - $59.95
8) Borderlands Game of the Year Edition - $49.95
9) Civilization 4: The Complete Edition - $39.95
10) Dragon Age: Origins Awakening - $39.95
Impulse Top 10
1) Elemental: War of Magic - $49.95
2) Medal of Honor - $59.99
3) Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $39.95
4) Demigod - $5.99 [-70%]
5) GalCivII Ultimate Edition - $39.95
6) Mount and Blade Warband - $10.49 [-65%]
7) Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition - $19.99 [-50%]
8) Age of Wonder Trilogy w/ Soundtrack - $19.99
9) Lionheart: King's Crusade - $39.99
10) Sins of a Solar Empire: Diplomacy - $9.99
On Steam, users were getting excited about new releases like Fallout: New Vegas and Medal of Honor. Note that the title "Medal of Honor: Limited Edition" has been lost because all of the Limited Edition copies have been sold out, so if you were wanting to get into that Battlefield 3 beta, you're out of luck. Just because Civilization V lost it's lead doesn't mean it's not going to continue to sell well, as it's still on the number 3 spot, and I wouldn't be surprised if it went back up to number 1 in the near future. There were new releases, like ArcaniA and Borderlands GOTY, so those sold well. Left 4 Dead 2 stayed on the list this week thanks to the free DLC The Sacrifice. Dead Rising 2 is at number 10, so it may stay on next week, but it'll probably drop off the list.
Direct2Drive is still selling the most copies of Civilization V, as well as it's Deluxe edition, and Fallout is selling well there too. Medal of Honor is on the number two spot here as well ,and Dragon Age II has become available for preorder on Direct2Drive, so that got it a number 6 spot. This prompted Dragon Age: Origins Awakening to sell a bit better as well, and Civilization 4 is still on the coattails of Civilization V. Borderlands GOTY Edition sold well here too, so Gearbox is getting profits this week.
Impulse sold more than RTSs this week, with Mass Effect 2 discounts prompting more sales, and the new release of Medal of Honor getting it a number two spot. Mount and Blade and Demigod sold well thanks to the deals they got, and everything else on the list is standard Impulse fare. Also, Elemental: War of Magic is still on the number one spot. That's a pretty good feat, and it'll be interesting to see how much longer Elemental stays on the top.
I am the Co-Founder and CTO of Entertainment Fuse. Thank you for viewing my profile. If you have any questions, comments or if you found any bugs with the website, contact me anytime. I love chatting with our community!