This week was a good week for Fallout: New Vegas and Call of Duty: Black Ops, both of which took the top honors on Direct2Drive and Steam. Medal of Honor is still hanging in there on number 4, though it's drop from the Impulse list shows a decline in popularity perhaps. Cities XL 2011 stays near the bottom of the list for Steam, but stays near the top for Impulse.
Steam Top 10
1) Fallout: New Vegas - $49.99
2) Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition - $13.60 [-66%]
3) Call of Duty: Black Ops - $59.99
4) Medal of Honor - $59.99
5) Sid Meier's Civilization V - $49.99
6) Left 4 Dead 2 - $19.99
7) Counter-Strike: Source - $19.99
8) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - $29.99
9) Cities XL 2011 - $39.99
10) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $59.99
Direct2Drive Top 10
1) Fallout: New Vegas - $49.95
2) Sid Meier's Civilization V - $49.95
3) Call of Duty: Black Ops - $59.95
4) Medal of Honor - $59.95
5) Fallout New Vegas Digital Collector's Edition - $59.95
6) Sid Meier's Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition - $59.95
7) ArcaniA - Gothic 4 - $49.95
8) Civilization 4: The Complete Edition - $39.95
9) Amnesia: The Dark Descent - $19.95
10) Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Impulse Top 10
1) Arcania - Gothic 4 - $49.99
2) Elemental: War of Magic - $49.95
3) Cities XL 2011 - $39.99
4) Armada 2526 - $14.99 [-50%]
5) Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity - $39.95
6) GalCiv II - Ultimate Edition - $39.95
7) Sins of a Solar Empire - Diplomacy - $9.99
8) Mount and Blade Warband - $29.99
9) Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition - $39.99
10) Demigod - $19.95
On Steam, the new release of Call of Duty: Black Ops has given it sales, but it's outdone by Batman: Arkham Asylum, with it's 66% off deal that gave it large sales numbers. With the new releases calming down a bit this week though, old favorites on Steam like Left 4 Dead 2, Counter-Strike, Battlefield, and Modern Warfare returned to the list.
For Direct2Drive, Civilization V and Fallout New Vegas continue to sell both their standard and collector's editions incredibly well. Black Ops has a presence here as well, but with all the Civilization and Fallout going on right now, the Direct2Drive community started buying the older games in those series. ArcaniA is starting to become more standard on Direct2Drive, but I doubt it will sell through the holidays.
Impulse started selling ArcaniA a lot more, throwing Elemental: War of Magic out of the top spot for Impulse, which hasn't happened in a while. Next week Elemental will be at the top again, most likely. Besides that, everything is pretty standard for Impulse, though Mass Effect 2 is still there, which is surprising. Next week it will be off probably, but you never know.
I am the Co-Founder and CTO of Entertainment Fuse. Thank you for viewing my profile. If you have any questions, comments or if you found any bugs with the website, contact me anytime. I love chatting with our community!