This week, discounts on games played a huge part in the sales on Steam. The release of Call of Duty: Black Ops topped the Steam list, but that doesn't compare to the rest of the list, which was populated by great deals on great games. Warhammer 40K, Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, and Worms Reloaded got their individual prices halved, while Bioshock and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle, some of the better games of 2007, got a 75% off discount. Everything else sold either from current popularity or pre-release buzz. Call of Duty will stay on the list for a while, though Bioshock will fall off the second it gets normal pricing again.
Steam Top 10
1) Call of Duty: Black Ops - $59.99
2) Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Gold Edition - $19.99 [-50%]
3) Fallout: New Vegas - $49.99
4) Left 4 Dead 2 - $9.99 [-50%]
5) Team Fortress 2 - $9.99 [-50%]
6) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle - $9.99 [-75%]
7) Amnesia: The Dark Descent - $13.39 [-33%]
8) Sid Meier's Civilization V - $49.99
9) Bioshock - $4.99 [-75%]
10) Worms Reloaded - $9.99 [-50%]
Direct2Drive is showing a fondness for The Sims 3, with The Late Night Expansion Pack, The Ambitions Expansion Pack, and the core game making the top 10. This is a chain reaction of sales due to The Late Night Expansion Pack's recent release. Otherwise, Direct2Drive has a pretty standard top 10 this week, with Fallout, Civilization, and plenty of new releases, including LEGO Universe, which isn't on the top 10 anywhere else. LEGO Universe, like Dragon Age II and DC Universe Online before it, will fall off the top 10 by next week.
1) The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack - $39.95
2) Fallout: New Vegas
3) Sid Meier's Civilization V - $49.95
4) Call of Duty: Black Ops - $59.95
5) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - $39.95
6) Fallout New Vegas Digital Collector's Edition - $59.95
7) LEGO Universe - $39.95
8) The Sims 3 - $39.95
9) Sid Meier's Civilization V Digital Deluxe Edition - $59.95
10) The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack - $29.95
Impulse is supporting Frictional games this week by giving all their games a discount, and the sales numbers show this. Amnesia and Penumbra are on the list, with Amnesia being very close to the number 1 spot, which still belongs to Elemental: War of Magic. AI War sold well, too, thanks to a 50% off deal and it's expansion pack, Children of Neinzul. Blood Bowl - Legendary Edition's recent release gave it the number 7 spot, but everything else on Impulse is standard for the site.
I am the Co-Founder and CTO of Entertainment Fuse. Thank you for viewing my profile. If you have any questions, comments or if you found any bugs with the website, contact me anytime. I love chatting with our community!