Steam Sales Report 7/30/10
Hello, readers, and welcome to the inaugural Steam Sales Report. This is a weekly feature at Player Affinity that is posted every Friday, where I analyze the top 10 Steam sales, and see why they sold as much as they did. It's also a bit of a guessing game, as you can guess which games will be on the list next week on Friday at 3:00 PM. Here are the rules:
- You can guess which 10 games will be on the list by next Tuesday.
- It doesn't matter what number on the list the game you guess is. If you guess Medal of Honor, then it doesn't matter where on the top 10 list Medal of Honor is, as long as it is on the list.
- Each correct guess gets you one point, and points are tracked for each user over time.
In each article, I will tell you of any new games coming soon that seem to have potential to sell well. Note that all of this, besides the top 10 sales of course, is opinion. These are all speculations by me as to what games will sell well in the future and if games currently on the top 10 will stay on the top 10. So without further ado, here's the top 10 list:
1) Just Cause 2 for the PC - $25
2) Worms Reloaded for the PC -$18
3) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack for the PC - $15
4) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for the PC - $50
5) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for the PC - $60
6) Left 4 Dead 2 for the PC - $30
7) Counter Strike: Source for the PC and Mac - $20
8) The Guild II Renaissance for the PC - $18
9) APB All Points Bulletin for the PC - $50
10) Medal of Honor: Limited Edition for the PC - $60
There weren't many wildcards on that list. Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack, and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are all pretty standard to be on the top 10 list, though I do wonder if Bad Company will stay much longer, since it's a game that goes on and off the list frequently. The bigger surprises are at the top and bottom of the list. Just Cause 2 leaped to the top due to the weekend sale discounting the game by 50%, and Worms Reloaded is the first PC Worms game in a decade. Given APB's bad reviews, I thought people wouldn't buy it, but they did, though I don't think it'll be on the list any longer than, say, Sunday. Medal Of Honor is doing fine for being released in October, but it won't go any higher on the list until 2 weeks before release. The Guild II Renaissance came out of nowhere, though. I don't think it'll be there any longer, but it's still surprising to see on the top 10.
There are some possibly well selling games coming soon, like Kane and Lynch 2, although it's already available for preorder with 10% off and only a couple of weeks till release, but it's still not selling on Steam. I wouldn't bet too much on that game. Super Meat Boy could possibly reach the lower end of the list though, since it earned some accolades at the Independent Games Festival, and will be released in August, a pretty dry games time.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at [email protected]
. And if you want to guess the next top ten, just submit a comment below.