Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 is Official & Coming Out This Year
"Sadly, No Ska Has Been Confirmed for the Soundtrack... Yet. "
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 is official. A few weeks back it was leaked thanks to an Instagram photo a chef posted. (Video games are weird.) But now we know that Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater is coming back and that the game will indeed be called Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5.
Game Informer revealed the new game in the latest issue. They also have a preview about the upcoming game. You can read that full preview in their latest issue which is available digitally right now, and will be hitting subscribers in the mail later this month.
I’m a huge Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater fan and I found some information in the preview that I found really exciting about the new game.
- No story mode or huge open worlds. No getting off the board either or running into the guys from Jackass. THPS 5 is going back to it’s roots. Think more THPS1-4 than Underground or American Wasteland.
- THPS 5 will use the same control scheme as previous games, so Y/Triangle will still grind. Tony Hawk never considered changing the controls. He said if you change the controls “..then it wouldn’t be THPS.” I agree.
- Robomodo is developing THPS5, but they admitted that THPS HD could feel floaty at times, and Game Informer felt the controls were tighter than THPS HD. That’s good to hear.
- Nine levels, two of which are influenced by classic Tony Hawk levels. But not remakes of those levels. Instead they take elements from multiple classic levels and put them into these two levels. Like the long roll-in in warehouse is found in a level that also has the helicopter from hanger.
- Create-a-Park is returning and will allow you to share parks online. Tony Hawk himself wants to make some parks and share them with the community.
- Online is a big part of THPS5 and it seems you will be able to play with random people online as you complete classic objectives like collect COMBO or find hidden DVDS. (You can still play by yourself if you want to.)
To find out more about what is in the next Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater game check out the June 2015 issue of Game Informer.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 is coming out later this year for Xbox One, PS4 and sometime after that for Xbox 360 and PS3.
[Source: Game Informer]