Xbox One Release Schedule Unveiled in Massive Leak
forum poster ntkrnl revealed what might be the the first party Xbox One release schedule for the next few years. Some highlights include Halo 2: Anniversary
releasing November 11th 2014, Halo 5
in late 2015, Fable Legends
will be released in the summer of 2015, and Crackdown 3
is in development and will release in 2016.
The leaker also reported the white employee-only Xbox One is scheduled to release in October of this year, and another version of the console will feature a 1 TB hard drive and will release in November. When asked if Microsoft is considering a $399 Xbox One, the leaker implied the company is considering a version of the console that does not come equipped with a disc drive. The Verge
was able to confirm from a separate source that Microsoft is planning to release the white console in 2014, and that the company is testing an Xbox One without a blu ray drive. The Verge also confirmed the first major update for Xbox One will be released in March, and will feature fixes to Party Chat and will make other social features easier to use.
Finally, the leaker revealed the countries in which Xbox One will be launching in 2014, noting that the list may not be up to date. Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Russia, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Columbia, Chile and Argentina are all set for release in April, 2014. While China, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece, Portugal, Slovakia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Israel, India, Indonesia and Egypt are set for release in October, 2014.
Here is a breakdown of the full leak:
- Titanfall will see its first DLC 45 days after launch, and the second will be will 120 days after launch.
- A Forza Horizon sequel will release Fall of 2014, and will feature weather systems, coop, and social features. Its open world will be rendered in 1080p.
- A white Xbox One will release October 2014 alongside Sunset Overdrive, the flashy shooter developed by Insomniac Games.
- Halo 2: Anniversary will release November 11th, 2014 and will also be rendered in 1080p. The title will feature online multiplayer and will come in two editions. The "Collectors Edition" will come with beta access for Halo 5, and the Halo live action series, whereas the "War Collection" will also include ports of Halo 3 and 4. Halo 2: Anniversary is being developed by those who brought you Halo: Anniversary.
- A limited edition 1 TB Xbox One launches in November, 2014.
- Quantum Break, the mind bending shooter developed by Remedy, is set for holiday 2014.
- Fable Legends, an online only multiplayer focused title, is slated for release in the summer of 2015.
- Halo 5 is set for holiday 2015.
- Crackdown 3 is set for a 2016 release, but there are no specifics of what the game includes, and it will likely not be officially announced this year.
- Bayonetta developer Platinum Games is working on a game set to release March 2016, codenamed Project Nagano.
- The Gears of War sequel will likely take two and a half years to develop.
- Fable Anniversary will not release on Xbox One.
[caption id="attachment_47158" align="aligncenter" width="560"]
Neogaf poster also leaked images of a limited edition Titanfall themed Xbox One.[/caption]