- Video Games
- About Us
It has been a little under a week since the Battlefield 3 beta test began. Electronic Arts is already addressing some of the larger problems with the multiplayer beta, including client crashes, disappearing crosshairs, and players spawning on deceased teammates.
The official Battlefield blog detailed the following partial list of fixes:
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.
Some of those issues are pretty major, but then again, that’s what beta testing is all about. The Battlefield 3 beta will continue to run through October 10th, and the game will be released on October 25th.