- Video Games
- About Us
You may have been so busy with Bulletstorm that you forgot about the
Gears of War 3 Beta that comes with the “Epic Edition” of the unique
shooter. The beta will finally drop on April 18th for those of you smart
enough to grab an “Epic Edition” of the game.
If you missed out on the special edition or decided to forgo Bulletstorm
all together, there’s no need to fret. The beta will be available the
next week (April 25th) to those of you who decide to preorder Gears of
War 3. The game will, of course, be available in Standard, Limited, and
Epic editions; it seems to be a new theme with titles that make their
way through Epic Games.
Here’s a brief sampling of the goodies available to beta testers:
- Beta Tester Medal – Complete one match in the beta
to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer
profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the
“Gears 3” multiplayer lobby as well.
- Thrashball Cole – Complete 50 matches in any game
type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once
unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the
character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer – Show your ultimate
“Gears of War” fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer.
Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and
score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin
over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Flaming Hammerburst – Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Lancer – Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.
Gears of War 3 releases September 20th for the Xbox 360